Hey! I had a mix tape named “Choose Between Two Songs,” named after this instrumental track, which you can here at on the sidebar of the Loud Family site.
The track list on that mix tape was:
- “Preaching to the Perverted” by Pop Will Eat Itself
- “Like A Girl Jesus” by Game Theory
- “Pretty Pink Rose” by Adrian Belew with David Bowie
- “Rock Non Stop (All Night Long)” by Big Audio Dynamite
- “Kingdom of Rain” by The The
- “Wishing Well” by Bob Mould
- “Turn You Inside-Out” by R.E.M.
- “Hey Venus” by That Petrol Emotion
- “UV Ray” by The Jesus and Mary Chain
- “Erica’s Word” by Game Theory
- “Little Mascara” by The Replacements
- “Shut Us Down” by Camper Van Beethoven
- “(Nothing But) Flowers” by The Talking Heads
- “James Brown” by Big Audio Dynamite
- “Look Up!” by Guadalcanal Diary
- “Coldsweat” by The Sugarcubes
- “Go Bang” by Shriekback
- “She Divines Water” by Camper Van Beethoven
- “Nothing New” by Game Theory
- “Fascination Street” by The Cure
- “Read About It” by Midnight Oil
- by Elvis Costello and The Attractions
- “24″ by Game Theory
- “White City” by The Pogues
- “Choose Between Two Sons” by Game Theory
I say with almost certainty that the only reason this track showed up on this mix tape was that it was short enough to fill up the space before the tape ended. Same thing with “Shut Us Down” by Camper Van Beethoven for the first side of the tape.
“Choose Between Two Sons” is the last track on Side 3. I’ve always wondered if Miller had to choose between two of his songs to decide what was going to go on the album – after all songs are like children. Miller had to tightly control the running time so that the whole album could appear on a single CD (Side 4 is, thus, very short).
Anyhow, this is an upbeat track and a strong ending to a wild Side 3.